The following terms and conditions apply to all work done by Cyberlab:
1. Goods stored at Cyberlab's offices at owner's risk.
2. All equipment booked in for repair under guarantee must be accompanied by
positive proof of purchase at time of registration. Failure to comply with this
requirement may result in the customer being charged accordingly.
3. Repaired equipment will only be released on presentation of the Cyberlab
Customer Service Request form.
- A R250 handling fee will be levied on any goods not under guarantee
booked in for service, repair or evaluation.
- Any amounts charged by the respective agent(s) will be added to the
mentioned handling fee.
- The above fees are also payable under the following conditions:
- Should no fault be found.
- If the customer decides against proceeding with the repair process or
following a quotation.
- If no spares and/or local agents for the product could be found.
- Repairs under the value of R600 are automatically carried out, unless
- Consultation is charged at a minimum rate of R685 per hour (or part thereof)
in addition to the callout fee of R320 (within a 30km radius). R4.00 per kilometer together with the consultation rate is charged for
distances more than 30km.
- Prices exclude VAT.
5. Repaired goods not collected within sixty (60) days may be sold to defray
6.1 All repairs have a carry-in guarantee for a period of thirty (30) days for a
repeat fault following repair completion.
6.2 All new hardware has a carry-in guarantee for a period of one (1) year,
unless otherwise stated. Power supply units and notebook batteries only carry a three (3) month carry-in guarantee.
6.3 Cyberlab will not be liable for any costs or guarantees whatsoever, caused
through or occasioned by the following:
- Deliberate or reckless damage
- Neglect or abuse of the equipment
- Incorrect operation of equipment
- An Act of God
- Corrosive or abrasive substances
- Incorrect environmental conditions
- The use of supplies and consumables not approved by CYBERLAB
- The use of a faulty main supply
- Operator errors
- Abnormal operating conditions
- The connection of unauthorised, ancillary equipment
- Lightning damage
- 'Browning' damage.
7. Cyberlab can not be held responsible for the loss of any data on any
storage media including (but not limited to) hard disks, stiffy disks, backup
tapes, optical media for example CD or DVD disks. It is the responsibility of
the owner to make sufficient backup of his/her data before booking any item in
8. The customer acknowledges that he/she has legal software licenses for all
software installed on a PC booked in. Should Cyberlab be requested to repair,
install or upgrade any software, the owner takes full responsibility of any
legal issue(s) that might arise out of software installed on the PC. Cyberlab
may refuse to install software if the client is unable to provide the original
CD's and license keys or proof of ownership.
9. Payment terms: Strictly COD.
10. Goods remain the property of Cyberlab cc. until fully paid for.
11. Quotations issued by Cyberlab are based on the Rand\Dollar exchange rate at the time the quotation was issued. A decline in the exchange rate might affect the price quoted. The supply of products quoted on is subject to stock availability. Quotations expire after 14 days.
12. A cancellation notice period of 1 (one) calendar month is applicable for all Internet and hosting services, for example but not limited to e-mail hosting, website hosting, server hosting and Internet connections, unless otherwise stated in writing.
13. In the event where equipment is loaned to, or rented by a customer, the customer assumes responsibility for all risk, loss or damage to the equipment while the equipment is in the care, custody, control or in transit back to Cyberlab.